Like your teeth, you want your braces free and clear of any build-up that could potentially lead to problems down the road. Food and plaque find many places to hide, and can lead to dental health concerns like gingivitis and decalcification. With proper care of your braces and teeth you can protect yourself, so you have a healthy smile for life. There are many steps you can take to help you stay on track. Dr. Paul White, our award-winning orthodontist in Richmond, VA shares these steps here.
Clean Teeth Are Healthy Teeth
When it comes to taking care of your braces, flossing, brushing, and rinsing are more important than ever. Proper dental care techniques can protect you from costly and painful problems in the future. Adequate care and prevention can lead to a healthier mouth.
To ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of your, you can take the following steps:
- Brush After All Meals – It’s important to remove food particles from the teeth to avoid plaque build-up while wearing braces.
- Floss nightly – Flossing can help remove any food particles stuck beneath the wires of your braces.
- Change Your Brushes Often – A soft-bristled brush is gentler on the teeth. Changing your brush at least once every 2 months can help you avoid frayed bristles and bacteria build-up that could lead to an infection in your mouth during orthodontic treatment.
- Flouride Mouthwash – Utilizing mouthwash a couple times a day can kill bacteria on your braces, ensuring a brighter, healthier smile.
- Utilize More Effective Dental Techniques– The waterpik can remove 99.9% of plaque from areas treated. It is 50% more effective than brushing alone and can aid in better dental hygiene during your treatment with braces. Another effective device is the proxabrush, or sonic toothbrush, which cleans between the braces using several strokes to remove food and plaque.
Beyond A Healthy Smile
At White Orthodontics of Richmond, VA, we know that a healthy smile goes beyond straightening the teeth. A clean mouth with a healthy bite are also important when it comes to your overall health, and we provide the most advanced orthodontic treatment options available for the greatest possible results. Braces are an investment in the overall dental health of you or your loved one. These simple steps can ensure that you achieve and maintain your best smile ever!
Meet White Orthodontics & Richmond, VA’s Award-Winning Orthodontist, Dr. Paul White
Dr. Paul White, Richmond, VA’s favorite award-winning orthodontist offers the most advanced braces for children, braces for teens and braces for adults, including metal braces, Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, SureSmile, braces behind your teeth, clear ceramic braces and even braces to help you achieve your confident smile 50% faster!
Call 804.747.7447 today for your free consultation for braces at our conveniently located orthodontics office near Richmond, Virginia (VA).
White Orthodontics Near Richmond, VA
5237 Hickory Park Dr.
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Beyond Straight Teeth!