A night at the movie theater goes with popcorn like peanut butter and jelly or, well, Mike and Ike, but when you’re in the midst of perfecting your smile using braces, snack time in front of the big screen has to get a little creative. Ditch the traditional concession stand eats and treat yourself to these braces-friendly ideas that are fully Richmond, VA orthodontist approved.
Eating Movie Snacks with Braces
Eat a big bucket of buttery popcorn and you’re just begging for an extra trip to your doctor’s Richmond area orthodontic office for some help unsticking those crunchy little kernels. Luckily, there are plenty of other snack options that are braces-friendly as well as tasty.
- Soft Pretzels: Soft pretzels are hot, salty, and buttery – all the things you want out of a bucket of popcorn without the scratchy hulls. Bonus points if you get some cheese for dipping!
- Hot Dogs: You can’t go wrong with a soft bun and juicy hot dog, and most if not all of the toppings are safe bets, too.
- Pizza: Pizza is generally a good option, but beware of overly chewy or crunchy crusts that might tweak your brackets or irritate tender gums.
- Chocolate Candy: Remember the old tagline “Melts in your mouth, not in your hands”? Sticky treats like Skittles, caramel, Sour Patch Kids, gummy worms, and licorice aren’t a good idea, but chocolate candies including M&Ms, Hershey’s Kisses, Kit Kats, Mounds bars, Sno-Caps, and Reeses Pieces definitely are.
- Ice Cream and Other Frozen Goodies: Many movie theaters now carry a variety of frozen desserts, and some luxury outlets even have milkshake, slushy, and smoothie machines. Everything from ice cream sandwiches to bonbons to sundaes is fine, but think twice about blended treats with hard candies mixed in.
Many movie theaters frown on outside food and your favorite Richmond orthodontist would never condone breaking the rules, but if there simply isn’t anything suitable at concession stand you can always consider sneaking in the following:
- Soft fruit like bananas, berries, grapes, or orange segments
- String cheese
- Cut up cucumbers and bell peppers with a dollop of hummus
- Lunch meat rollups
- Thin pretzel crisps or baked chips with guacamole and salsa
Are you ready for your close-up? Call 804.715.1998 today to schedule a consultation with the top-rated orthodontist near Richmond, Virginia, and the expert team at White Orthodontics will help you discover how traditional orthodontic treatment or Invisalign® can help you achieve the Oscar-winning smile you’ve always wanted.
This information is not meant as medical advice. It is provided solely for education. Our orthodontics office would be pleased to discuss your unique circumstances and needs as they relate to these topics.
Meet White Orthodontics & Richmond, VA’s Top-Rated Orthodontist, Dr. Paul White
Richmond, VA’s favorite award-winning orthodontist, Dr. Paul White of White Orthodontics offers the most advanced braces for children, braces for teens and braces for adults, including metal braces, Invisalign, Invisalign Teen, SureSmile, braces behind your teeth, clear ceramic braces and even braces to help you achieve your confident smile 50% faster!
White Orthodontics Near Richmond, VA
5237 Hickory Park Dr.
Glen Allen, VA 23059
Beyond Straight Teeth!